15 June 2008

the family trip, part 1

Well, after two full weeks of Asia mom and Mel are on their way back to America. I'll start at the beginning and give you a little recap of what all we did.
We started off with a visit to the Big Mall here in our city. I think they were pretty impressed with the 8 floors full of stores and Starbucks.

After the trip to the mall they went with us to the doctor's office to see Asher in 4D. I was so happy that my mom could be there to see her grandson squirming around and I think she enjoyed it as well.

The next day we went to the Big Mosque, we gave them the grand tour and went up into the tower to get a good view of our city.

On our last day before we went to Bali we took them to the Big Cigarette Factory. At this factory they still make and package the cigarettes by hand. We toured the museum and watched the ladies work crazy fast making lots of cigarettes.

Mel and Roger found a new car for us to drive.

It's a pretty sweet ride, ya?

We also went out one night with our friend Qq to eat some bread with cheese and chocolate, we loved it, I don't think they enjoyed it so much.

During the first few days Mel and mom tried several different kinds of local foods and for the most part I think they liked what they had to eat. They also got to experience how hot our house can get, especially the kitchen. Overall they enjoyed seeing where we live and work, but I think the traffic sort of scared them. My mom sat in the backseat with me and spent quite a bit of time flinching and closing her eyes while Roger negotiated the clogged streets.

After this whirlwind tour of our lovely city we took off for a week in Bali, look for pictures of that trip in the next few days.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP