11 December 2009

Christmas Decorating (Part 1)

In the past three years we have spent Christmas in three different countries.

We love it. But I don't love having to buy Christmas decorations every year.

This year I went crazy and made some decorations. This is very unlike me, but I was inspired my friend Brittney's post about her Christmas decorations. Asher and I were at the park last week and I decided to pick up some pinecones and pine tree branches and use them to decorate our home. It turned out great and I was pretty proud of myself for not having to spend any money on Christmas decorations this year.

A beeswax candle from a local craft fair, pine cones, pine needles and a dinner plate make up my centerpiece on our table.



I decorated our window sill with candles and the pine cones.

Our nativity set, we bought this one while in Thailand. I'm amazed that it hasn't been broken yet.

Our stockings hanging on the wall.

Asher made an ornament at school, since we don't have a star for the top of our tree we put this on top.

Asher's nativity set gets played with quite a bit, the first thing he does every morning is knock the whole thing down and spend the rest of the day carrying around the donkey.

Asher has misplaced one of the wise men, so we replaced him with a little Indonesian man and his wife. Not so wise, but great place holders.

I got this tree skirt right after Roger and I got married and it's pretty much been in storage ever since. I'm glad I brought it with us this time.

I have a few more pictures of Asher and the tree and Asher putting ornaments on the tree, but I will save those for later.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

WOW COURTNEY!! You scored on beautiful pine cones this year! Your window seal is really pretty. And I like the greenery in the table centerpiece. I love the natural look and it feels very warm and homey (not like homie don't play that - ha). What I love most about your decor is that its all so meaningful. You have a story to each decoration :) I love that. Thanks for the precious pictures of Asher getting bundled up too :) Love that boy.

Bethany said...

Way to go Courtney! I'm so impressed! I also love the stand in "wisemen" . . . classic!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP